Opus Capital Management LLC (“Administrative Manager”) and Opus Investment Management LLC (“Investment Manager”, and together with the Administrative Manager, “Opus,” “we,” “us,” “our”) are committed to protecting the privacy of all individuals who utilize the www.opusfund.com site (the “Site”), all information contained therein, and all related mobile applications, tools and downloads (all of the foregoing, collectively, the “Service”).
1. User Agreement and Investment Disclaimers
2. Data Collection
Opus collects your personal information from the following categories of sources:
• Directly from you. Opus will collect personal information from you, including without limitation, your name, email address, mailing address, and other information you provide, including through website forms or contacting us with questions or comments.
• Automatically or indirectly from you. Opus may also collect information using automated methods, including without limitation, your computer or device’s IP address or other unique identifier, your Internet service provider, your type and version of browser and operating system, your geographic location, information about the site that referred or linked you to the Site (if any), any search words or terms that are passed from a search engine, and your activity on the Service. Although this information is related to you, it is not personally identifiable information.
3. Data Use
Opus may use information collected from you and/or your computer or device through your use of the Service in an effort to, among other things:
• Provide you with information tailored to your requests, responding to inquiries, and delivering services and products;
• Operate, maintain, and improve the quality of the Service and such content, products and/or services as we may make available through the Service;
• Communicate with you by email and telephone, in each case with your consent, if such consent is required in accordance with applicable laws, about financial products, services, and other topics;
• Conduct and administer surveys;
• Market our service to you, including sending messages to you about us and the products and services we offer, upon establishing a preexisting substantive relationship with you if required to market such products or services.
• Comply with applicable laws, regulations, rules and requests of relevant law enforcement and/or other governmental agencies;
• Endeavor to protect our and our partners’ rights, property, or safety, and the rights, property, and safety of our users and other third parties; and
• Meet other purposes, as permitted or required by law.
Opus employs reasonable and appropriate measures designed to protect your personal information against inadvertent or illegal loss, destruction, disclosure or access. Your personal information is stored on secure servers located in the United States. ALTHOUGH OPUS WILL USE VARIOUS TECHNOLOGIES AND TOOLS TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AGAINST LOSS, DESTRUCTION, DISCLOSURE OR ACCESS, NO METHOD OF SECURING DATA IS FOOLPROOF OR COMPLETELY EFFECTIVE, AND THIRD PARTIES MAY UNLAWFULLY ACCESS OR INTERCEPT DATA TRANSMISSIONS, COMMUNICATIONS OR STORED DATA, AND MAY UNLAWFULLY USE THE DATA. THUS, ALTHOUGH OPUS TAKES REASONABLE MEASURES TO PROTECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION, OPUS DOES NOT AND CANNOT GUARANTEE THAT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WILL REMAIN PRIVATE OR SECURE.
5. Data Sharing
6. Third Party Sites
IN NO EVENT WILL OPUS BE LIABLE, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, TO ANYONE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR LOSS ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO ANY USE, CONTINUED USE, OR RELIANCE ON ANY LINKED THIRD PARTY SITE, OR ANY LINK CONTAINED IN A LINKED SITE.
7. Your Choices
Note that if you do business with us in the future, you may not, subject to applicable law, opt out of certain automated notifications based on business transactions.
8. Your California Privacy Rights
Under California’s “Shine the Light” law, if you are a resident of California, you may make a written request to Opus about how Opus has shared your personal information with select third parties for their direct marketing purposes. In response to your written request, Opus will identify the categories of information shared, if any, and will include a list of the third parties and affiliates with which it was shared, along with their names and addresses. Please submit a written request to email@example.com. However, we do not disclose personal information protected under the “Shine the Light” law to third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
9. Your Nevada Privacy Rights
Nevada law permits our users who are Nevada consumers to request that their personal information not be sold (as defined under applicable Nevada law), even if their personal information is not currently being sold. Please submit a written request to firstname.lastname@example.org. However, we do not sell personal information protected under the Nevada law.
10. Cookies and Persistent User Identifications
At this time the Service does not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include "do not track" instructions.
11. Qualification for Use
Opus does not collect any personal information from anyone known to be under the age of eighteen (18). If you are under the age of eighteen (18), you are not permitted to use the Service. By using the Service, you represent that you are eighteen (18) years of age or older.
12. Sale of Business
Opus may also disclose your information if the Administrative Manager and/or the Investment Manager, or all or a portion of their ownership interests or assets, is actually or potentially acquired by one or more third parties as a result of an acquisition, merger, sale, reorganization, or similar event. In such a case, your information may be transferred to such actual or potential third party acquirers.
13. U.S. Jurisdiction
Your personal information will be stored and processed in the United States. If you are using the Service from outside the United States, by your use of the Service you acknowledge that we will transfer your data to, and store your personal information in, the United States, which may have different data protection rules than in your country, and personal information may become accessible as permitted by law in the United States, including to law enforcement and/or national security authorities in the United States.
15. Contact Us
Last updated: March 4, 2022